You want to do something beautiful for God, there is a human being that needs you.....this is your chance.
Mother Teresa

Monday, May 16, 2011

Counting the days down....

I am making lists and making new lists. It truly helps when your head is overwhelmed with so many things to do. We are so excited to know that in three days we will be heading to pick up our daughter. Sierra is so excited!! She is talking non stop and she is just cannot wait to see her home land and to meet her sister. I feel so at peace about all this.....oh don't get me wrong my stomach is in knots but I know why things happened as they did....God does have a plan...bottom line. Many people can question but with the Faith and belief God directs you to where he wants you to be. Do I think this is going to be easy NO...but mostly it will be difficult for Savannah. She is the one giving up...."home", friends, languange, food, comfort (even if we think life in a family is better.....when it is all you know it is comfort), smells, and many other things. Please pray that she is strong and that everyone who gets to meet this precious child remembers what she is giving up and how she is feeling. This is not about us getting a daughter(even though I am excited about that). This is about Savannah adjusting to her new life and to her new family. So please pray for her and for our family so we can be who she needs us to be...patient, understanding, compassionate, caring, patient, loving, forgiving, hopeful, faithful, but most of all......Patient. I believe in her.........no I don't know her but God does and God has been directing all of this......and he knows how much she needs us.......even though we fail....I believe with prayers, hope, faith and most important love we can give her all that she needs but most of all...all that she deserves through the stength of Christ. 3 more days!!!

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip. If you plan to blog from Wuhan, you will need a vpn, or post through email. You probably already know that! If not, email me debk0925@sbcglobal.net. We've been home 5 months now and I want to go back. Seriously, Wuhan is not the most user friendly for Westerners, but put on your spirit of adventure and make sure your guide does what you need them to do, like find food and etc. If your guide is Eric, tell him Hi from us! He probably won't remember us.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and another tip: if blogging from overseas, set your comments to moderation before leaving, so if you get nasty comments you can delete or approve them and they won't be out there for all to see. Learn from my mistakes! I had a few and it really runied one whole day for me--it was someone being critical of fundraising and they were not so nice, but anonymous (cowardly), of course. I didn't even give it another thought, but in the midst of stress and raw emotion (in-country was stressful) you tend to view things differently.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great advise Deb! Especially if you are being real about the experience. just 2 more days to take off! Love ya Sis! Looking forward to meeting your sweet Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys!! We are so looking forward to getting on the plane tomorrow to bring her home!!

    ReplyDelete