You want to do something beautiful for God, there is a human being that needs you.....this is your chance.
Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The wait is actually 3-4 weeks..

I just found out from other adoption families that the wait time for TA is actually three to four weeks and not two weeks like we thought. Friday marks the three weeks time so I expect hopefully next week for TA to arrive. I truly don't know if we can swing around a week to travel. Mike and I have come to the realization that we might not be traveling until the 26th which is a bummer because our daughter has to wait even longer and our exchange student who God brought into our lives way after we started this process to Savannah will be leaving to go back to China two days after we get home. She really wanted to help Savannah with translation and comfort when she first got home. We are sadden by this but we have no control over the situation.........one of the hardest part of adoption especially when you are a control freak like myself........so maybe next week I can announce the happy news!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just wanted to say that Savannah is so beautiful and I love her name - I lived in Savannah, GA as a child - lots of great memories! Anyway, we are waiting on LOA for our little Wuhan girl - hope to be traveling in September. She is 3.5 adn lived in the orphanage until she was 3 and now is in a foster home. I look forward to following you o the rest of your journey...this waiting is brutal! Your family and Savannah are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Tara, Thanks for the prayers!! We are needing it for patience and I know Savannah will be needing it when she transition into our family! We also will be praying for your little girls. Our first daughter was adopted when she was 2.5. She did so well with transition. I am praying for the same with Savannah but we are so prepared for whatever her needs are! Looking forward to following your journey also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the hurry up and wait is really getting to me...and we still have so far to go. Praying your journey speeds up and you can get that sweet girl home quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy thank you for all your support during this journey to bring Savannah home. It means to have those who understand what it means to hurry up and wait and the pain that goes with it. It is Friday at 12:15 and no TA..:(..I know God is in control and because of that it will be ok and we will have her in our arms soon!! Bless you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete